Summary of the SABRE Insurance Group Privacy Statement
(Note: This is a summary of the SABRE Insurance Group Comprehensive Privacy Statement, which can be viewed by clicking here.)
- I/we understand that in accessing/using the website located at http://www.sabrelife.com and its related links and documents I/we am/are giving permission to the SABRE Insurance Group, my/our designated broker/agent and their designated Administrative Staffs, and their associated Managing General Agencies, Insurance Companies and other Providers and their Administrative Staffs (collectively the Organization), to obtain and, where legitimate business purposes warrant, keep on file personal information that I/we have provided to them. I/we understand that this personal information will not publicly published about me/us and may be used in the processing of information, the opening of a file appropriate to my/our enquiry and/or application, as set out in the full version of this Privacy Statement (which can be viewed at http://www.sabrelife.com/privacy.php?content=comprehensive).
I/we understand that I/we have the following rights concerning my/our privacy:
- I/we have the right to know why the Organization collects, uses, or discloses my/our personal information.
- I/we have the right to expect the Organization to handle my/our information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose than the one to which I/we have consented.
- I/we have the right to know who in the Organization is responsible for protecting my/our personal information.
- I/we have the right to expect the Organization to protect my/our personal information from unauthorized disclosure.
- I/we have the right to inspect the information the Organization holds about me/us and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- I/we have the right to expect the Organization to destroy my/our information when requested or when no longer required for the original intended purpose.
- I/we have the right to confidentially complain to the Organization about how it handles my/our information and may escalate my/our complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if need be.
- I/we have the right to remove my/our consent at any time by contacting my/our advisor in writing.
I/we understand that:
- the SABRE Insurance Group will not sell my/our client information to anyone.
- the SABRE Insurance Group will not share my/our client information with organizations outside of our relationship that would use it to contact me/us about their own products or services.
- That in the event that the SABRE Insurance Group elects to sell or otherwise dispose of their business, of which I/we may be a client, then the terms of the full version of this Privacy Statement will be binding on Successors, Purchasers, Managers or Assigns of the above named, so as to ensure continuity of my/our Privacy Protection in terms of this Privacy Statement.